One of the first things I notice on the beach is trash. I have a hard time walking past it without picking it up. This morning, we surfed then went to work picking up trash. We filled huge bags, making a pile the size of a pick-up in less than an hour. The whole Shaka surf camp staff and guests were out cleaning up the local beach. Hopefully, this clean-up effort continues in the future.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Day 8, Beach Clean-up
One of the first things I notice on the beach is trash. I have a hard time walking past it without picking it up. This morning, we surfed then went to work picking up trash. We filled huge bags, making a pile the size of a pick-up in less than an hour. The whole Shaka surf camp staff and guests were out cleaning up the local beach. Hopefully, this clean-up effort continues in the future.